Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Thursday 11 November 2010

Message replies from Echo Four

From: Isabelle
To: Bonnie
Lieve Bonnie, Ik ben klaar met ele trek en zit nu op een super mooi resevoir! Ik kan elle dag zwemmen en voel my zo schoon!
Verder slaap ik zo wat in de open luncht in een Basha! heel comfortable Het werk wat ik doe is echter wel zwaar Blyf schryven! Dikke kus vanuit het beloverende India en geep een kus aan witte kan maar 1 keer antwoorden.

From: Sarah
To: Jamie
So sad to hear you've broken your toe, hope you're able to hit Swansea nightlife again soon. Half term sounded fun, can't believe you have an actual real job, it is almost like you are a real adult or something. I haven't actually seen the blog but I am glad my face is apparently all over it. Send my love to all the Askills, looking forward to seeing them in the new year. You will be in India so soon! I cannot wait. Don't forget to bring a very empty rucksack, there is so much I want to take home! All my love, Sarah x

To: Tom and Hannah
Well, how to make a middle class white girl jealous. I NEED some machego. Please save all these things to do with me too? It sounds like you are both having lots of fun, loking forward to hearing all your stories from home. Missing you both so much. Sending you lots of love, Sarah x

To: Louise
Thank you for the blog messages! Wow I am glad I did the trek first phase. Part of Echo 4 now, building trenches in the mornings. Cannot wait to swap Raleigh stories with you. Missing you lots. Waiting patiently for your letters, very excited to read it.
Lots of love, Sarah x

From: Rosie
To: Granny and Matthew
Thank you so much for your message, so nice to see them. I am now digging trenches to stop elephants getting to villages from across the water. We get up at 5.30am and work till midday then have the rest of the day free. We are camped by a reservoir so wimming everyday. The work is really hard but I am getting fit. Miss you both, look forward to showing you the pics. India is an amazing place. Lots of love.

To: Ma
Got letter 3 today! Lovely to hear your news. how did the poetry reading go? I was thinking of you. I'm now on the enviro project digging. It's strange it's November I am boiling! Swim everyday in the reservoir and so comfy sleeping in our bashas. The stars here are stunning never seen so many we have bonfires at night to burn rubbish and paper but i'm in bed by 8 or 9 every night! I've met some lovely people, with a couple of them from my old group but my best friend Anu is in diff one but we may be together for trek. I am making the most of it here but still can't wait to see you all at Christmas. Love you and loe to all the fam. Mwah. P.s. I want to see the kitchen finished by time I'm back! Go!

To: Dad
Hi dad thanks for your message it meant alot. I am proud of me digging too digging is hard!iss you, look forward to seeing you when i get back lotsa love

11 comments:

  1. isabelle Wijsmuller Echo412 November 2010 at 17:53

    Lieve Belle Wat leuk om alweer iets te horen, en wat fijn dat het zwaarste (?) nu achter de rug is en je zo geniet. Als je in de open lucht slaapt pas je dan op voor muskieten????? Vanavond eten de Brabo`s samen (Mosselen ) en Willem komt ook.Je mist hier niets . Storm regen en kou!!!!!Dag lieve Belle. Ik blijf je volgen. We keep in touch Knuffel Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabelle Wijsmuller echo 412 November 2010 at 18:08

    Lieve Belletje Heb nu pas je hele verslag gelezen met foto van jou un de Basha. Kan je echt grppels graven??? Je zal straks spierballen hebben!!Wat ziet het er mooi uit Dat prachtige water. Heb je foto`s met vergrootglas gekeken. Je ziet er gezond en happy uit!! Keep going Dikke kus weer Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rosie W Echo 4
    You forgot to put who your message was from but I guessed it was from you to Caroline. Will read it out to her tomorrow if she hasn't checked the puter at work.
    Our letters are on way. On a practical note - I'm not sure if I'm meant to be collecting you from the airport and if so wher/when!!??
    Love you lots and looking forward to hearing the stories in person.
    Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan Heeley Echo 4
    Hi Ryan, hope you are still having a great time. Have you seen any elephants yet? Unfortunately town lost 2 1 at home to Burton yesterday, the first defeat at the B2net but we are still top of the league by 2 points. Hopefully we will get our revenge when we play them again in the FA cup in a couple of weeks time. Stay safe lots of love mum, dad,Craig and Jord xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. kirsten Elliot Taango 5. hey kirsten howz u? looks like fun. ever1 missing u here cant wait till u get bk. cant wait to hear all the storys when u get bk. well i now let chris say someting bye for now huni hope to hear from u soon. yeah that was helen shes not very bright. hope the ellfumps are treating you good and youve got a crackin tan, well we'll be having snow soon so a bit diffrent. hope your having a mega time love you loads christophe xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. to Fiona Marchbank Charlie Two - Happy Birthday to you! i know u wont get this today but i want you to know that is your Birthday and that i'll be thinking about u all day, and remembering when the nurse told me that we were the perfet Mother and Baby - i think that's still true - enjoy today and i'm sure you'll look beautiful in your pink sari - Love you, please take care Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. for Rosie W.Echo 4
    Hi luvly!how is digging going?Shall be sending letter 7 next week, then relying on this to keep in touch. Saw shannon this week, sent her love,went to a vintage stall and thought of you.Tomorrow shall be seeing 1st plans for kitchen..thinking about C'mas,getting stocking presents.Big hugs and xxxs C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christiana Charalambous20 November 2010 at 01:19

    For: Shanelle Leigh Ward (Charlie Two)

    Dear Nelle, I was so happy to receive your letter! I've missed you so much! It's just not the same without you here. I'm now following the blog. I can't wait to see you again! It feels like so long that you've been away. I've been telling everyone how much I miss you and I'm really proud of you. Have a wonderful time in beautiful India, and think of us in the freezing cold and the rain! Lots of hugs and gifts waiting for you when you get back.
    All my love, Chris
    x~x~x~x~x~x~x~x

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Rosie.W in Echo Four.

    Bumble! I am so proud of what you are doing over there, amazing. It sounds like you are having an incredible experience and I still can't believe you're really doing it. I expect you can though!

    Nothing much to report, Bristol is still here and it is FREEZING. You might want to stay put to be honest.

    Miss you lots and lots and can't wait to get you round for some Jenny Cooking.

    Big love from Jen
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ryan Heeley Echo 4
    We are eagerly awaiting the next update and message from you. We won 2 0 at Aldershot yesterday which was a good thing as everyone else at the top won too. Still at top of league by 2 points, next game is on Tuesday at home to Oxford. Jord got his 2nd man of match award today although they lost 5 3 at Huthwaite but he did have a good game. lots of love mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laura Hulley,
    You look like you're having a great time,
    maybe Scunthorpe's not so bad after all?
    LOL

    love Dad xx

    ReplyDelete