Welcome to Echo 5
Project : Saveera Matti Anti poaching camp construction and elephant proof trench
The project managers that are running the show will be Dave, Julia and Lucy. You have heard about Dave already so that leaves me only to introduce the Echo 5 ladies.
(LtoR The Echo 5 recee team Lucy, Julia, Sixty, Dave and Claire)
Julia is originally from New Zealand. She has travelled a lot but is brand new to India and Raleigh.1.She has brought waterproof mascara with her as her luxury item.
2. She would most like to trek with David Attenborough as she has met him and simply loves him!
1. Lucy has brought hair straighteners with her as a luxury item and she has also bought with her a DKNY swimsuit.
2.She would trek with Richard Branson as he is an adventurous man and would have a lot to share with her. She also went to school with his nephew.
3. She too goes for the leeches. Brave and glamorous!
Project: Parasalnattam Elephant Proof Fencing
(LtoR Jo, Sam and Kripa)
This is their first time on Raleigh but together they have been cooking up some awe-inspiring activities for the venturers to do. I won’t spoil their surprises but I will share them with you as they happen and I can promise that anyone in their group is going to have a lot of fun.
Sam has spent the last five months in Beijing where he has been studying Mandarin.
1. Sam’s luxury item is his laptop.
2. He would most like to trek with a combination of Clive and Benn as he thinks that by combining them both you would make the ultimate trekking machine.
3. He would go for the leeches
Kripa likes to think that she speaks fluent Hindi but she does speak fluent Gujarati. She also impressively used to work for Jaguar as a calibration engineer but she is now going to train to be a maths teacher after she finishes imparting her wisdom on the expedition.
1. Her luxury items are her exfoliating gloves and her electric toothbrush.
2. She would most like to trek with Russell Howard as he would keep her entertained and her little sister.
3. Kripa would probably go for the leeches although she didn’t sound too convincing.
The beautiful green crops that you can see above are the product of the hard work of the villagers but could be wiped out in an instant by roaming elephants leaving the villagers currently completely exposed.