Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Wednesday 12 August 2009

What...more messages!?

Today our medic, Sarah, went out on a trip to Charlie 2, 3 and 4 and bought back the following messages:

From Kate Owen:
Hi guys, it's been a great week in C3, still having an awesome time, really looking forward to the adventure challenge. See you in September, Kate xxx

From Kezi:
Hello! Still having an amazing time and I can't wait to do the adventure challenge in Kerala, although it's going to be so hard saying goodbye to the villagers. Am missing you all loads, Kezi x. P.S. thanks Tegen for posting Katie's comment and Ed...still don't have your letter!

From Abby and Becky Harper:
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all your comments. We are having an amazing time, working hard, teaching English. It is beautiful here and very eventful. Mum, Dad, glad you had fun in Snowdonia - and Dad you coming back alive is a bonus! Weather here has been gorgeously hot, hardly monsoon weather. Love you, miss you all xxx P.S. Abby's camera won't charge so only Becky's remains!

From Gareth Senior:
Hey Marc, how's things back in the mighty ? Let me know the goings on as I need the highlights ha ha! I'm having a great time! Oh yeah and to the family hope you are all ok? I want a big fry up when I get back! Love you all!

From Fatmata:
Hey Mum, how are you doing? Hope you are all doing well? Thank you for the comments. Miss you so much and please tell Jaffru and uncle that I said hello. Love you FA

From Aimee:
Hey Mum and family, hope you're ok. I'm doing great, working hard and learning Kannada lol. All I eat is curry so I'm pre-warning you that when I get back I want a juicy burger and chips :) can't wait for the adventure phase. Love you and miss you all see ya soon Aimee xxx P.S. if you can, can you tell my Dad about the blog or tell him I'm ok and miss him and the family thanks x

From Rory:
Hi Mum, Dad, Lottie, Billy and Alice. Sorry I have been pretty rubbish with writing messages. I have sent postcards though but don't know if they have arrived. I am glad you had a good time in India Mum and yes we have a fair bit of rain, but it compliments the hot weather nicely. It is so good to hear that Alice has got a job, will you say very well done to her from me. I hope everyone is well and miss you, Rory. xx

From Bijal:
Hey Mum, Dad, Krish, hope you are well and glad everything is ok. I received your letter on Sunday, was really lovely!!!!Hopefully you will get mine soon. I miss you all loads! We will be finishing our projects this week and going on to the adventure phase. I still don't have my phone atm so best to keep checking the blog! Thanks for your message Mum, I will try and call soon, Bijal xxxxxxxx

From Alex Stewart:
Hi Stewarts, sorry for not writing sooner, been busy digging holes - tis thrilling stuff ha ha! Having a great time really and haven't been back to hospital yet so it's pretty good. Posted some Charlie 2 stuff up on the blog the other day saying what we've been up to so have a read through that. Tell Gran thanks for the card it was nice to hear from her. Hope everything is good at home and have fun in Mauritius. I'll ring Dad when I get home on 27th. Love you lots xxx P.S glad to hear James got a job, tis about time he stopped being a bum!

From Anna Read:
Hi Reads (Mum, Dad, Edith and Jack), I know you are all on holiday at the moment, hope you're having a fun time! Don't worry about me, had a brill two weeks on the sustainable agriculture project and it’s the adventure challenge in Kerala next week, can't wait! Hope you write on the blog soon!! Miss you all love from Anna xxx

From Katharine Poole:
Lynne, this is early but thought I would write before I forgot - have a wonderful 30th birthday, we will come and see you when I get home so we can celebrate properly.
Stuart, did you see the shooting stars last night? We sat out last night and saw the Milky Way too, you would have loved it. Missing you lots, love Katharine.

14 comments:

  1. Emma's Dad (Charlie 1)12 August 2009 at 21:56

    Hi EEEEEeeeeeemps!

    Hope the project is going well. Long time since we have had news from Charlie 1, so hope to hear soon.

    All is good at home and with your Mum in B.

    We have moved your flight to 10 September and arranged insurance. I have sent you and email with more detail. Hope you can get that when you get back to base. If not, I'll text.

    Good luck for the rest of the final week of the project. Hope all has gone well.

    Loads and loads of love from us all at home

    Dad x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Pamela and Gerald Eva

    Happy Birthday Mary-Jane! Another birthday you are spending thousands of miles from home.Have a great day and we will have a drink with you.
    Look forward to seeing you on the 1st and we can pick up the celebrations then.

    Love from Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, glad to hear all is going well, hope you enjoy the adventure phase, both nan's said to say hello and i'm keeping them up to date with what your up to, we are missing u loads lots of love and stuff, Michael,mum and Hayley XXXXX PS burger and chips will be waiting for u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAURA MORGAN.
    hello:) just 2give you an update on whats happening in sarahland; my feet hurt as i've been walking around london all day 2day, we went 2the science museum which was.. okay i suppose, but i still prefer history!
    &tomorrow i have the stupid dentist people 2tighten my brace which i hateee! oh, and i have broken my brace ha! (one of the little blocks has unstuck and is now sliding around the wire :/) and also tomorrow im going 2fix my mane of 'hair' at the hair dresses, im thinking about getting a full fringe for a change :)
    well you'll see when you get back which is quite soon:)
    miss you lots laur:)
    love sarah xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Merry,
    Hope all is going well at Charlie 1 and no doubt you will be looking forward to the next part of your adventure.

    Had a call from Mum at Porthcothan on Tuesday - weather mixed and not as good as forecast but they are enjoying it as always.

    We had a great weekend with Tony and Thelma, particularly on Saturday when we took them out to a nature reserve near the Thames and from a bird hide watched a kingfisher for half an hour; to bird watchers like Tony that really is something and to me too because I had only seen one twice before and then no more than a flash of blue.

    Going to help a neighbour sort out a problem on his laptop in a few minutes so bye for now and lots of love from Grandma and me.

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey aimee, it's hayley. i'm really missing you, bored when i come home to and i have to talk to mum instead of you lol. i might be going away on a residential so that should be fun. your 18th is coming up, you should be excited. i'm really sorry but i can't get you a present, you've been too much of a brat lol. anyways love you and miss you very much, hayley xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gareth
    It was the 4th when I completed 50 circuits of the sun - I had a GREAT day. Lets have a party for us when you come back, my b'day and your leaving home do! Can't tell which one is you in the latest Charlie 3 pic. I always thought it was 10 (not 3)green bottles? Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey big boy jaime im really missing you, hope all is going well lots of love from mum and all family TE ADORO HIJO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Merry, thought I would send an e-mail today, the day Mum & Dad return from Porthcothan. I am sitting and looking at a postcard from them of a lovely sunny Porthcothan bay but sadly I don't think the weather has been that good for them.Mum did say that she was enjoying sitting and reading so at least it is a change for here. Today we have woken up to lovely sunshine and they say by Wednesday there will be a mini heat wave. We will wait and see as they have not been doing very well recently on the forecasts! We have been eating some of our tomatoes which is great and we have had lots & lots of runner beans. Hope you have enjoyed building houses! You will soon be home and will have lots of tales to tell and hope some will be parties etc. Must go as we are going to some friends for lunch and I must tidy up and get ready. Grandad joins me in sending our love
    Grandma XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweet Leti!!! Just a short note to wish you all teh best! I think what you are all doing is GREAT I am very proud of you, my friend!
    TE QUIERO MUCHO LE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Aimee, missing you loads. Dr Beat just doesn’t sound the same without you.
    I am starting to make a Tikka marinade for a special curry when you get home.
    The girls keep calling up to the loft to see if you’re back, I tell them it won’t be long now.
    Honey wants to audition for the X factor this year, Madison is turning into gangster number 1 and Taylor is still living it up down at the Costa del Clacton. Well Aimee, see you soon and I hope you bring me back the Key (philosophy). XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Aimee, I dont know if you will get to see this, but, happy Birthday baby. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. heya Moko(chinedu), hope ur well, we are missing u soooooooooooooooo much cant wait for u to come home, love ya hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah Bloomfield24 August 2009 at 21:05

    Hi Bijal its skarah here!
    Hope you recieved my letter and that you are having a wonderful time!
    Please can i have the details of your flight arrivals to the uk as i am going to collect you from the airport!
    Lots of love and hugs and well wishes
    Skarah
    .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

    ReplyDelete