Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Tuesday 11 August 2009

Sending some messages home

From Bijal
Hey Mills
Thanks for your blog message!! I'm halfway through my deployment lol. Working here is amazing but hard work. I'm digging holes for planting mango trees and amla plants for local produce. Also done a bit of teaching! Thank you for my letter too. Take care, Bijal :)

From Charlie
Hi Marie (or family)
Have you booked flights yet as I need to make changes to my flights once I know.
Love Charlotte
xxx

From Nick Woods
Hi folks (Simon, Jenny, Anne and Robert)
Just to say that my ear is healing well and I am beginning to properly hear from it again. We are currently digging 1m holes in Netikal Hundi village with about six days left before we start our adventure phase. I am having an amazing time and I can't wait to see you all. Say hi to Bella for me. Oh and Jenny I found your future husband. Lots of love Nick xxx

From Bianca
To City and Islington lot and the rest of the family. Hey everyone hope you're all well it's nice to see everyone is having fun and working hard. To all my lovely Londoners hope you're behaving missing you all like crazy. Enjoy the rest til we meet again get ready to party 'ard! Love you, miss you, Bianca.
To Blu
Hey baby, my time in the village is almost over and I'll be moving on to the next phase soon. 2 1/2 weeks til I'm back home not really looking forward to it. Just miss the lil things like bring with you guys and real toilets! See you soon, miss you, love you lots and lots more than everything. From Bee Bianca.

From Anna Read

Hi Reads (Jack, Cathy, Rob and Edith)
I am missing you. I think you guys are on holiday right now but I've not heard from you so I thought I'd write a little message. I went on safari yesterday! I saw an elephant! And a baby one, so cute! Been having fun digging 1m by 1m holes to later plant amla plants and mango trees. The village we are staying in is awesome, the huts the village live in are so small it is crazy! The doorways come up to my legs! Anyway I hope to hear from you soon. See you in three weeks love Anna xxx

From Katharine Poole
Hi all, we saw elephants! I am having a great time here in India and am looking forward to coming home and telling you all about it and boring you all with my photos! Glenn - hope you are enjoying the school holidays. Mum - did you get the second postcard? Will try and send you more but haven't seen any in the shops. Stuart - you would have loved the safari, it was strange without you. See you three weeks today. Hope everyone is well, Katharine

From Beccy Culverwell
Culverwells: thanks for your message, got one from Tom too, but I can't reply, can you please tell him thanks and that I am having an amazing time and that I'm travelling after! Will contact him when I can. Today I've been helping to plaster the rainwater harvesting units and been swimming in the reservoir. Went on a safari trip and saw three elephants. Group are really nice and location is beautiful. Probably hotter in Portugal than here! Keep me updated. Lots of love Beccy C. Also can I please have a steak first night when I am home as I am on a vegan diet? Will contact you and Grandpa when possible xxxxxx

From Kezi
To my family, just got your messages, it's nice to finally hear from you! re the cement in my eyes don't worry I'm not blind managed to wash it all out so no damage! France sounds great but no where near as amazing as India! I got to try plastering today but don't think I can add it to my CV - I am pretty rubbish at it! All my love xxxx

11 comments:

  1. Cat Nurse

    Hot and sweaty this end, seems all work and no play. Bring on the Jelly Jazz....

    Have fun, stay safe. Love ya !

    Kernow Otter

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Richard Peters, Echo 5
    Thanks for the birthday greetings. Good to see you working hard on the video clip! Looked as though you are having a great time. Hope you are enjoying the local food as well! Mum and Caroline in Paris this week. Looking forward to hearing tales of your adventures when you return. Best wishes, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi abi and becky [H] Granny and Grandad are folllowing your blog with great joy we are just so proud of you both keep safe my darlins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kezi
    Am guessing that you havent received our letters yet?? Three sent from France so far. We got your postcard! We are back now after gruelling 2 days driving through France dodging beligerant Belgians towing caravans at speed and dreadful Dutch drivers, much of the time spent in peage queues and crawling through roadworks. Spent one night at the hotel we went to 11 years ago where you and Tegen ordered snails. Hotel hasnt changed one bit (ie in need of major refurb) but food was fab.

    Am enjoying reading all the blogs... yours and the other groups!! Am gleaning all the details that way. Looks incredible. Sad to hear your plastering isnt up to much... we always have need for some fine skimming skills.. how's your block work??

    So.. we're back home now. Weather is predictably average. Was hottish but now a bit drizzly. Ruan is doing street dance course at pineapple - travelling there and back on his own, unfazed. Tegen is in Oxford on her science course and seems to be having a great time making many foreign friends. Not sure about the science. Oh and its Pips birthday today. 3!!!

    Looking forward to hearing more in due course.
    Lots of love from us all xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rose (Echo 6)
    Hope everything continues to go well and that you have all nearly completed the project with not too many blisters!!It was great getting your email we all look every day to see if there are any updates. Have spoken to Dan several times - he, like all of us, are missing you but know that you are having a fabulous time - only a few more days and you travel to Kerela - what an experience that will be! We keep sending these messages and hope that we are doing the blog right and that you are getting them! All our love Ma and Pa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Message for Gareth (G) Echo 5

    Hey mate, thought it had been far too long since we had seen you on the net so thought we would say hi. Hope you having a great time and the project is coming along as planned. Youbetter be getting some good pictures to show us all when you get home

    Look after yourself mate and chat soon

    Rich & Linds

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beccy
    Glad you are still having fun. Like the photos!
    Home on Monday. Enjoying Portugal although very hot. Tom is well into his trek and loving it will pass on the message. Think Sophie is also good. Grandpa is following the blogs with interest!!
    Lots of love
    Mum and Culverwells xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy and Ray Ward.13 August 2009 at 01:37

    Hi Emily(echo6)
    Hope the muscles are not too sore!!We think that now you have got into the swing of hard dirty labour then you and Rosie can come down and replace our leaking shed roof !!!ha ha!!
    We are hoping that by now you will have received our letters.Our news is'nt half as interesting as all the info on the blog.Just think Em,you being on this amazing trip has brought us oldies kicking and screaming into the 21st century, keeping in touch using the computer.Suppose we are silver surfers now!!
    Looking forward to seeing some more photos.Lots of love and hugs from Granny and Grandad XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi charlotte,how u keeping? every one back home is really well mum received her letter you sent today,we all had a lovely holiday really hot weather i didnt want to come home,thanks for my birthday message im excited now for the party i will take some pics so u can see them when u get home,regarding the flights maria is not going aborad with dad now she has changed her mind,any way i will keep up to date with what u are doing on the blog,see u soon enjoy, lots of love and kisses,leanne,cris,ryan,kiaran,casey,meow from jess the cat,and smokey xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey rose, I got ur letter coupla days ago. Woz a nice surprise wen i got home. Hope ur still enjoying it, u must be in kerala by now. Cnt wait to hear ur stories n find out wot uve been doing. Im jus counting down the days till we can come get u from the airport. Miss u n love you. dan xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Freddie Great to see the photos and read about Charlie 2's exploits.It all sounds amazing.We miss you here as it seems like ages since we dropped you off. Holiday in Ireland was superb and we are determined to get you there to meet Walter and co.He said I hadn't changed a bit!Anna left for Edinburgh today and we hope to go up at the end of August.All well here,Emily is coping very well but we are trying to visit her as much as possible.Can't wait to hear everything Mum and Dad x

    ReplyDelete