Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Monday 24 August 2009

Final messges home from 09I

It's our last day in of the Adventure Challenge in Kerala and we have some final messages home from 09I venturers:

Message from Emma Ballantine:
Hey guys, thanks for all your messages. Oh my god, i miss you all so much! Have sent letters so hopefully you’ve got them. Your letters have made me really happy!!! The adventure phase was brill, but the hardest physical thing i’ve ever done – it was ridic! I can’t believe i actually completed it. I have SO much to tell you!!! Will get my phone back soon and will find an internet cafe so will be in touch properly. Hope everything is really good with you all at home. Think about you every day. Gma and gpa thanks for your letter – loved hearing all the news. Mum and Dad, thanks so much for yours and Borneo sounds amazing penguin. And boys, thanks for your blogs – looking forward to entourage bro. Hope the flyings good jim. Shaniequays – love you all loads, cant wait to hear the chat. Ol, i get back on the 10th, so will be coming to plaaayyyyyy! Amy, don’t worry, im not out in the outback girl yet. Love you all sooooooo much. Lets go get a pizza mate when i’m back because I neeeed one, and some skittles and bevvvv mate. TYSON. Love love LOVE. Flyman stoke. His name was ming. Noooo definitely. Absolutely. 100%. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message from Dominique Wood-Whyte
Yo yo cuzzie and frendzz, thank u for showing me love on the blog... well appreciated, still i learnt alot frm this india trip and i’ve kept my positive sprit highly high LMAO!!! Still the advanture challegein that was done was hard hard hard but as the ppl in my group and myself say “GO HARD OR GO HOME” if u no wot i mean like were climbing up high steep mountines lol lol still wen i get back i will shout u all and cuzzie i will cum dwn Southampton sooner dan u tink nuff love daya pon a gully side MWAHH.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; )

Message to Terry Princes family
Hope ur kl family don’t think that i didn’t reply to ur blog messages the message book got lost and now ive had the first chance to holla at you. I miss you like mad and i have been doing some thinking and come to a lot of decisions which i would be privileged to talk to you about when i get back any way i luv all of ya and will see you soon xxxx

Message to Terry Princes fiancée Natasha Steward
Wag 1 baby gurl i dnt no if you got my last blog message but i did send u a letter ive got 2 of ur letters thank u sooooooo much it was so gd 2 hear u still feel der same 2. I dnt no what gate im going 2 b at so ur gunna have 2 check der arrivel board i cnt wait 2 c ur face again i luv u baby gurl and ile speak 2 u at der airport xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message from Sarah Eastaff
Hey guys, its a bit late for a message now but just wanted to let you all know that everything is awesome out here. Just finished the adventure phase and it was so hard! But just incredible i have so much to tell you all and am craving some cheddar/brownies/cheese on toast/ CHICKEN CATSU CURRY!!! Help me out, yeah? Hope Venice was rad and Hannah made good use of that cocktail offer! Everyone’s letters have helped so much, thanks guys, its been such a weird moment of an old reality. I am coming back in my Indian outfit so watch out ;). Eeek you know my results! Ed, hope everything is good with that and Laura doesn’t hate you for the fish incident! I laughed so hard about that. Love to all can not WAIT to see you all :D XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Message from Kath Paton
Hi Mum and Dad – my phone has died and my debit card has been blocked (not impressed!!) so can you let me know if you can’t meet me at the airport? J Hope all is good back in Carlisle – looking forward to seeing you soon! And to that pizza when I get home!! Also, if anyone at St John’s in the Vale is reading I miss you guys so much!!! Hope you are all having an amazing time – really gutted I couldn’t be there – hope you are listening to Torn lots for me J Having an absolutely brilliant time out here but looking forward to seeing everybody again! See you all scarily soon – don’t know where time has gone!!! Xxxx


Message from Venuse Ardalan
Hello dad and sin,
I thought maybe i should send a message to you even though ill be Back in London in THREEEEEE days :D!! Ill miss the whole experience i’ve had here but i’m exited to see you all after 5 whole weeks! I hope you’ve all been well !By the way, I should be arriving at Heathrow around 12.30 or 12.45 on thursday but don’t worry if my phone is off at that time because my phone battery might be low. Anyway you better still be ready to take me somewhere nice to eat! haha :D. See you all in a few days!! Take care, love you all, venuse xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message from Jaime Orrego
Hola/hello mi ermosa mama, mi papa, y todos and all my friends,
Just want to say that i am missing all of u’s, will be cuming back on fiday so make sure u holla at me on Friday afternoon, im really sad im leaving india because im going to miss everyone especially all my Indian hommies and the whole india vibe. India has been a big and spectacular experience for and will be comng back like a new jay so watch out lol. Anyways im gona leave you lot hope u lot got sumthing for me to come back to and love u all lots....thank u family for the messages, frizzy ma cuzzy for life miss u lots ma dawggg and tanisha thnx for ur lil blog means alot u lil rat muaaaa everyone and hear from u lot on Friday when im back holaaaaaaa.


From Emily Hakin:
To Emma Wood I love you Ward
Hey babes, nearly home now, we are on our last night, rave time wooooop. Sexy time when im back, which is the 27th... I need to go back to Plymouth for a week, then up to London on the following weekend for a party in Clapham, you wana come? Cant wait to come and get a flat sorted and move back up! Have sooooo much to tell you when I get back. Literally me and Rose had the old i pod shuffle on today, annnnnd taman needs a visit. Haha and your letters were amazing mate! I cant wait to come back to the boy lol, what a dish .... so I need to go and get stuff sorted! Love you shlaaaaag love ems xxxx


To Granny and Grandad
Hi guys, hope you are ok, shame about the peppers, but good about the apples! I wasn’t allowed to do the trek in the end as I was pretty poorly, but did the 77km on the cycle, which I will try and describe to you and how amazing it was over a steak maybe??? I wish I could have been at Georges Bday.sounds amazing! Ohhh and I received both letters! Thank you! But I didn’t get the one from mother... hmmmm.... Il try and get them sent to me... See you soon and love to you both ems xxxx


To my mama, Andrew and George (if he has surfaced from his room after his birthday??)
Hi folks, So I am PRETTY GUTTED about missing Georges Birthday mash up haha, oh well, I will be out as im home! I have had the most amazing time you could try and imagine, will tell all when im home. Just getting ready for the last night now, Party!!!! And then home to sort my life out uh oh! I didn’t get your letter, which I hope I can get sent back to me?? Glad you people are all good, and see you soon, mama il ring you when im back in London, love you alot and see you soon woooo hooooo xxxxxxxxxxxxx ems xxxxxx


From Beccy Culverwell
To the Culverwells
Hi everyone just to let you know i have survived the adventure stage. Was so much fun but very hard work. As is typical of me i tripped on a rock and hurt my wrist so had to go and have an x ray and could nt do the cycling and one day of trekking which was a shame but I am fine now though. Leaving tomorrow morning to start travelling, we are being left in kerala rather than going to Bangalore, then will be staying in a hotel for a couple of nights and renting a houseboat etc. In the second week will try to go to delhi and possibly Mombai. Last night tonight which will be sad but cant wait to travel. Have u sorted out tom and Exeter?? How was jenny leaving today?? Please reply to my hotmail as i wont use the blog again. Hope ur all well cant wait to see you in two weeks. Lots of love Beccy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


From Kezi Evans
Hellooo! Hoping you are all well.. have just about survived the adventure challenge week... Had to miss out on most of the cycling as I was ill which was really annoying but I did at least manage 27/72 km of it... We had a two day trek which was challenging but so much fun . and we also did some watersports as well! (had to miss day 1 as well because I was ill as well so no kayaking for me but did get to do bamboo rafting). We are all leaving fieldbase tomorrow morning – me and the others i’m travelling with are being dropped in Munnar and then we are going to Cochin first. I will probably call home then as I have no battery on my phone and no way of charging it! Can’t wait to see you all in 10 days! Lots of love and hugs xxx (p.s. Ed – got the second letter – wow you went all ali in that! Hehe liked it though !xxxx )

7 comments:

  1. Kath Paton's parents25 August 2009 at 00:27

    Hi Katie,
    We know phone blocked. Phone 0044 131 339 7609 and reverse charges. Have been contacted by RBS fraud team!Dad will meet you and has got tickets for you. Glad you are enjoying yourself but can't wait to see you. What kind of pizza?
    Can you use phone at camp if your phone is dead.
    See you SOON. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath Paton's Dad25 August 2009 at 00:33

    For Kath Paton:
    Hi! Just to let you know that I'll meet you in the arrivals hall at Heathrow. I'll be there from about 1230 and hope you will still recognise me! Hope you're not delayed like when you flew out! If you're early and I'm not there yet just hang around in the arrivals hall. You can phone my mobile if you can get yours charged up on the flight!
    See you soon, Love, Dad XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Message to Gareth Senior from Dad,

    We Won The ASHES but good as that may be it is tiny in comparison to seeing you again. I'm so proud of you for doing the things you have done over the past few weeks and I hope you remember the challenges you have faced throughout the rest of your life. Enjoy the last few days and safe journey home. We'll see you on Thursday. We love you xx Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah
    We're all SO excited about seeing you on Thursday. Ed & I are meeting you at the airport:) Don't worry about food - I will make sure we're stocked up on your faves!! Hope you've managed to catch up on your sleep and will be ready to rave at Reading!
    See you Thursday. Lots & lots of love, Mut xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tarlan,
    Happey Birthday,I miss u so much and I am coming to the airport
    see you soon my beautiful daughter.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the Cox Family
    Natalie, We hope you and the rest of Charlie 4 successfully completed your team challenge! We are really looking forward to seeing you again on Thursday - We will be waiting at the airport - Enjoy the final part of the experience. Lots of Love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ey clairon,
    espere que tu trippes bien la bas dans ton camp, que tu vois plein de tigres et delephants. Jparie que ten peux deja plus du oat meal matinal, mais tinquiete c normal. Profite a fond tant que t la bas, ici il fait froid...a plus
    X joz

    ReplyDelete