Venturers and PMs turned and faced the strain as we mixed them up and sent them off to a new project and home for the next three weeks. But this was not the only change they went through after re-invading Fieldbase with ear-battering battle cries:
|Tango 5 dancing in|
- Thanks to the latest addition to our team, we are going to be even healthier from now on: Eleri Evans joined the club and will take on Echo 3’s every medical need during Phase 2.
|Eleri with her Echo 3 turtle bindi|
- Also, our venturer group grew by 10: Sander, Charlotte M, Annie, John (Jack), Alex, Rhian, Sofie, Rory, Helena and Reece were welcomed by a stressful anti-jetlag day of hard skills training - and made it through. Congratulations, you are basically invincible now! Try to spot them in the pictures below.
- The venturers’ complexion changed from dirty/tanned to double rainbow, as Fieldbase held a pre-celebration of Holi, a Hindu spring festival where people – amongst other things – throw colored powder at each other.
|This! Is! Sparta!|
- After hosing the paint from their skin and washing the involuntary dye effect off their clothes, the venturers changed into their smart evening garments to give us a taste of their Phase 1 experiences. The trophy of this skit competition went to Tango 6, proving that absolutely nothing can beat boys in bras.
- For the cartographers amongst you, I prepared a new Phase Map, showing what is happening where until 26 March. It found its permanent spot just below our Phase I Map on the right hand side column of the blog; again, in red. Charlie 2 has moved to a brand new village called Kayuni, situated right in the middle of a national park.
View Raleigh 12C Expedition - Phase II in a larger map
- And now, the biggest change: REALLOCATIONS! Accompanied by long hugs goodbye and loud jubilant outcries of hello, the venturers found their way into their Phase 2 groups and onto the buses that would bring them to their next project.
- For those that are new here: More information about the respective projects can be found in this blog post. And again, if you would like to pass on a message via a blog comment, please indicate name of venturer and the name of the NEW project group. (Please please please indicate the group. It does make life MUCH easier for me, and who wouldn’t want that?)
Back: Vijay, Sander, Dominic, Max, Charlotte H., Grant
Middle: PM Jenna, Laura, Claire, Manjunath, PM HarrietFront: Daniel, Isabel, Chyna, Ursula
Back: PM Barney, Jonathan, PM Stephen, Patrick, Kristian
Front: Jude, Charlotte M., Sally, Rebecca, Eline, Stephen, Suraj, SofiaVery front: Jan, Wolde
Back: Joost, James, Tom, PM Amanda, Thejas
Middle: Martha, PM Matt, Helen, Vishnu, MarjoleinFront: Victoria, Nicole, PM Eleri, Flora
Hidden in the back: John, Shaquille, Jonathan
Middle: Yashaswi, Chaluva, Katherine, Sophie, Sophia, Annie, Beatrice, WilliamFront: PM Chrissi, PM Janet, PM Emma, Aashna, PM Sam F., James
Back row: PM Richard, Alex, Rory, Daniel, Caspar
Middle: Ramesh, PM Natalie, Rhian, Abigail, Shaveh
Front row: Suresh, Venetia, Frances, PM Sammy B., Roosmarijn
I will visit Tango 5 on 9 March; if you would like to pass on a message to one of them via the blog comment function, I warmly recommend you to hurry up!
Back row: Oliver, Jules, PM Reggie,
Middle: Christine, Alexandra, Helena, Haydn, Charlie, James
Front row: Reece, Natalia, PM Cate, Joel, Mandisa