Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Tuesday 5 July 2011

Message from Foxtrot 2


Hi All, 
We paid an unexpected visit to Foxtrot 2 yesterday as we were in the area. Everyone there wanted to write messages but we were only there for such a short time there were only a few people who could write in that time but all from Foxtrot 2 send you there love and want their friends and family to know they are having a great time!
From: Lucy Mason
Happy Birthday for the 14th Dad! I hope you are all well and that the exhibition went well. India is amazing, I am having so much fun. So blooming sick of rice but mum you would be so proud I have tried everything and seriously appreciate you doing my washing. We are all having so much fun and we all get on so well. My basher (bed) is so comfy but using the longdrop is a bit of an issue still! We were sat around in the shelter the other night and fireflies were just flying around us. I am on the environmental project so currently living in a field and yes I have been eaten although the net is working! Being here is like being at a gym with all this digging and sweating. It hasn’t rained as much as I thought it would! I hope home is ok and not too quiet without us! Has anyone visited? Have an amazingly relaxing time in Turkey! Love you and miss you loads! Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Pamina 
HOLA PATI!!! Ok so I’m writing to you to be sure you are checking the blog EVERY SINGLE DAY!! So if you don’t reply that means you are not! I wish I could send you a post card but I don’t have your address....or you could give it to me and you will have one. I miss you so much (don’t be too happy!! J)
India is AWSOME!! It is too long to tell you all we are doing so I won’t to leave some suspense. The only thing I can tell you is I am not building toilets. I am digging trenches to protect crops from elephants. Our group is so good and I am having lots of fun.
Te QUIERO JE T’AIME.
Lots of love xx Pamina.
From:Chelsey Jenna Lee
Hello Lee family! Namas day!
I hope you are all missing me (your amazing daughter) as I am missing you all so much!! Let me know if you have received my letter by post please, I tried to add as much detail as possible! Today I made a flag for the camp which we named ‘Trunk town’ and I drew a tribal elephant with flowers and beads on its head haha! Today (4th July) we are starting on our elephant trenches and tonight having a mini celebration for my friends birthday (Rachel) with ‘orange cordial cocktails’ haha!
Love you all very much! Chels xxx
From: Hannah Jones
Hiii Mum and Dad, 

Having a bonging time in India at the mo, everyones really lovely and the weather has been amaze. Also, I haven’t got ill yet which is a miracle because we have to poo in a hole. Hope you’re both well and say hi to Mattie moo for me. You better have already written/be in the process of writing a blog/letter for me, so if you haven’t, get on it please. Also, when I get home I’d like to have a roast then apple crumble and custard as my first meal please, and cheese. I have had a curry more than anything and I never want to see it again and it’s only been a week!!

Also I can’t wait to have a pedicure etc mummy do can we (you) book it please because you have never seen me looking so rank.

Lots of love to you both, Love Hansies xxx
PS. Also I can’t use my phone at all because its in a safe back at field base so don’t be offended that I haven’t called.
Pps also all the stuff you brought was actually useful in the end, so well done. Xx


From: Joanne Harrower

Hi Mum, Dad, Ellen and anyone else who remembers this blog.

Just letting you know it’s all good on my end. I’m having tons of fun, met lots of people and becoming a pretty champion builder. India is beautiful and although we’re basically living in a field, it feels like home. Right now, we’re just about to start the project (building trenches to protect from elephants) and in a few weeks doing the long drive down to Kerala for more hiking.  I already know its going to be devastating to leave here, so hope you’re all having good summers as well. Enjoy Belgium/ Hong Kong/ Australia and don’t forget my exam results!

Much love, Joanne.
  


From: Jonathan Oakman

Hi Mum,

I hope you are well and looking forward to Portugal. It’s great here in India. We’ve just completed our campsite for the next two or three weeks – it’s nice to finally have a steady home in my jungle basha.  You’d love the scenery – I know I do. I am gradually getting used to being away from home and I am settling in well alongside all of the great people in the group. We start the trenches today so that should be exciting. By the way, have you heard about 
accommodation yet?

Miss you but I’ll see you soon.

Love Jonathan. Xxx

Ps.  To my friends who have remembered the blog. I’m having a great time here and I hope your summer is going well.

From: Rachel Libby-Mills

‘Namaste from India’
Hello everyone, hope everyone in England is well. Its my birthday!! And I’m just sitting in our living room in our makeshift ‘Trunk Town’ writing this. We have been building the camp for two days and have finally finished! It involved a lot of hard work and digging eight holes per basher was tough as there is nineteen of us. Today we are having a community meeting with the neighboring village and then we start digging the elephant proof trenches.
Thanks for the cards, they are hanging from my basher.  The guys made birthday bunting and hung it in the living room and we had a special ‘energy bomb’ breakfast of oats, condensed milk and cocoa powder – yum! Miss you and see you all soon. Love Rachel xxx

From:Sophie Ramsden

Hi!! Having an amazing time in India and hank you for your post. The last week has gone really quickly and managed a 25km trek on the first day. Impressive or what? Really hot and havents had much rain yet so the tan is developing… I am on the environmental project with a brilliant group of 18 others. We have made camp and are having a community meeting in a couple of hours, then the digging starts! Hope everything at home is good and can you please post me the Wimbledon results – still in the dark about it all. Will keep you updated. Love you loads, Soph xxx



27 comments:

  1. Beverley Oakman5 July 2011 at 15:04

    For Jonathan Oakman
    Hi Jonathan
    What a fantastic surprise to get your message!!I'm so glad you're settling in and enjoying your time in India - you'll have some wonderful memories (though perhaps not the long drop??). No news on accommodation but Fiona E is going to check and keep me posted so will let you know as soon as we get word.I've sent you a couple of letters so hopefully they will arrive soon. Remember to stay on the right side of the fence and don't get too close to those elephants!!I'll still check in with the blog while I'm away
    Lots of love mumxxx
    PS you're off to Amsterdam when you get back - not as exciting as India but not bad eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Lucy Mason Foxtrot 2
    Hi Luce
    Great to receive your message and to hear you are having such a good time. Dad's exhibition went really well. Tom leaves for Uganda on Thursday and we will be home alone!
    Missing you loads
    MD&T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Lauren Hopkins - 11E / Charlie 1

    If you get this message you will know that I have at last managed to get the format right!

    I see from the photographs that you are still travelling light - not

    Hope you are enjoying a wonderful experience and that you are making a lot of new friends

    Carlisle Living article was interesting - good pic of you at t'Mill

    We all miss you

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hansies, It has been lovely to read the blog and see from the pictures that you're having a fab time, that's brilliant! Huge relief! We are all fine here, Mattie breaks up on Saturday and we're heading down to Creeks, but with laptops so we can keep in touch with you. Keep well and enjoying your trip , love you millions, Mum, Dad, Matts and Cara xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Lucy Mason (11F) Foxtrot 2

    Hi Luce
    Great to receive your message and all the photos. You look to be having an amazing time. The Art exhibition went really well with about 180 parents there! Tom goes to Uganda tomorrow so made loads of flapjack and chocolate fridge cake today! Bet you would love some....
    All good here - poppy sends her love (cut my hair last night).
    Missing you loads - everyone sends their love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Chels,
    Missing you loads, hope you're having an amazing time, it appears so :)
    I am going to write you today, a long letter with a huge catch up of what is going on.
    Your mum said you were building fences to keep elephants out of the villages, have you seen any?

    Me and lucy are missing you loads and cannot wait to celebrate when you get back.

    Proud of you best friend.
    Love you
    Jen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. or Alice Bayfield.

    Hey beautiful girl,
    How is it going? Ive sent you a card which should be winging its way across the pond to you soon. Look forward to my wedding rambles ;)
    I think about you all the time. I bet you are the MOST amazing volunteer ever. Keep going girly. And know that we are all so proud of you for this doing this solo and making a difference to others.
    I love you the most though. Petey sends his love too.
    We looked at Fishponds yesterday for a venue but it was fully booked for next summer. But we've found a few other places around that we're looking at this weekend so hopefully we'll find a good one so we can get down and celebrate...next summer! ;)
    Love you always princess.
    Cant wait to see you soon.
    Rachie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. For chelsey Lee,foxtrot 2,hi chels,don't know if that last message I sent went through so thought I'd send you another.just been organising our weekend shopping trip to Manchester in august,which I'm sure you will be ready for when you get back!although things like that may not seem important anymore after you tripnto India???nanny,thought not,wishful thinking on my purses part!found us a fab restaurant to go for a meal on the Saturday night,am sure you will be ready for that ,although those energy bombs I keep hearing about sound amazing!love u,we all miss you,mummsy xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Joanne Harrower

    I heard the brilliant news from Dad last night - while tucking into a Thai meal with Ellen, David, Ad and Karin - text from Dad. Everyone says congratulations - we are so proud of you. Had an email from MaryB and she said Kit got 38, but Antje and Alex did not meet their requirements. Don't know about anyone else.
    Hope all is going well there and await more news when you are able to send it.
    Love you, Mum. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Message for Hannah Jones F2 (repeat of above!)
    Hi Hansies, It has been lovely to read the blog and see from the pictures that you're having a fab time, that's brilliant! Huge relief! We are all fine here, Mattie breaks up on Saturday and we're heading down to Creeks, but with laptops so we can keep in touch with you. Keep well and enjoying your trip , love you millions, Mum, Dad, Matts and Cara xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOPHIE BOURIEZ8 July 2011 at 01:06

    TO PAMINA DE HAUTECLOCQUE foxtrot2
    did you received my previous messages ????
    cambridge a envoyer un mail pour savoir si tu peux auditionner fin aout : j'ai dis ok et attends leur réponse.
    j’espère que tu vas bien et que tu profites à fond de ton aventure indienne.
    je t'embrasse bien fort,
    maman

    ReplyDelete
  12. To Chelsey and Pamina!!
    Gonna write you both a postcard very soon!! I miss you both loads, and am glad to hear you're enjoying it! Just had a delicious Wagamamas meal and now tucked up nice and cosy in bed... but don't want to rub it in or anything... I'm very proud of you both, and think of you everyday! Miss you soooooo much!

    LOVE YOU
    Joe! (Your snutchie) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. For Rachel Libby-Mills Foxtrot 2

    Hi Rachel, Lovely to hear from you this morning. We hope that your knee gets better very soon. Sian, Julian and everyone send their love. You are missing out on lots of DIY jobs here!
    Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Luce (Lucy Mason 11F Foxtrot 2)

    We received your postcard today which was great to catch up with everything you are doing. How is the tan coming on? Glad you are making lots of friends. I have had Speech Day at school today which went really well. Nearly the end of therm no! Can't wait till Friday and Turkey. Tom left for Uganda yesterday so it is really strange at home without either of you around. Good job Killy cat is still here... Missing you so much.
    love Mum & Dad xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. to Pamina and Chelsey, Foxtrot 2

    OMG PAM!!! hahahha i love that you didn't even send your family a message, JUST MOI. hahaha!!! of course I'm checking your blog!!!! to be honest with you though.. at first I was checking the wrong expedition, and I was like.. where the heck are pam and chels!!! I'm so happy you went to this expedition, obviously you seem to be having an amazing time and I can't wait for you to tell me all about it! I miss you guys!!! Keep enjoying this, it will be over before you know it! next trip I will come with you!

    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! (xcvbnmmnbhgdgfsdgekfhkehwjcfg)

    ReplyDelete
  16. To Pamina de Hauteclocque Foxtrot 2
    oh and if you want to send me a postcard send it to
    c/Reina Victoria 9-11 4º2ª
    cp/08021 Barcelona SPAIN

    NOW GO SAVE ELEPHANTS!!!!!! <3 YOUUU

    ReplyDelete
  17. For Hannah Jones Foxtrot 2
    Hi Hannah, How is it going this week? Matt is on holidays now and we're looking forward to Creeks on Tuesday. Hope the weather is good down there! Am booking stuff up for your return - and got your message re a roast and crumble! Missing you loads and are SO proud of you! All our love, M.D & Matt & Cara (v hairy!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare Watkinson- Foxtrot 2.

    Hi Clarey! Hope you're having fun and not getting trampled on by elephants... Quite exciting here - booked my flights to Aus on 12th August, sorted accommodation with the hospital, even booked an appt with the dentist for before I go! My AMC and visa stuff is almost through too, the very well paid GP in Manchester couldn't find anything wrong though I fear my CXR isn't as good as yours. Spoke to mum about the car, think some kind of arrangement can definitely be made, will email you in more detail to your hotmail xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Barbara Robinson12 July 2011 at 17:55

    Hi Dwayne Robinson Tango 5

    How did you make out with the cycling. Tell me all about it. How is your feet with all that treking you are doing. When you get a chance to soak your feet in the water. Send me a message when you get a chance.

    Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. For chelsey Lee,11e,foxtrot 2,hi chelsey just saw your new pictures on the blog of your visit at the camp!bet u were glad to receive new supplies!it looks amazin!notice you artwork,making your stamp already!we received your letter,that was really nice,Ethan was so happy you
    Addressed it to him,we were laughing at some of you comments.going away tomorrow for donnas 40th party,dad back Thursday from Arizona,hope your well and working hard and playing hard too!love you and miss you,mum,dad,chels, eth and Tilley xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. TO MANPREET ECHO313 July 2011 at 00:14

    To manpreet sidhu echo3
    HI MY KURTI PREETI
    SO YOUR ARE WORKIN HARD I SEE LOOKIN HOT OUT THERE AS YOUR GETTIN ALL THIS EXPERINCE DIGGIN NO EXCUSES NOT TO DO THE GARDEN NOW EVERYONE IS WELL ASKIN AFTER U LOOKIN FORWARD TO THE NEXT UPDATE FROM LOOP SANDY POSTED PHOTOS OF U ON FACEBOOK YOUR FRIENDS SEND U THIER LOVE SO DOES THE FAMILY GUESS WHAT I DO MISS YOU KURTI LOVE YOU LOADS LOOKIN FORWARD TO SEEING MORE PHOTOS YOUR PROJECT
    LOVE MUM AND SANDY

    ReplyDelete
  22. S Duncan said
    To Catriona Duncan Charlie 1
    Its lovely surprised to get your email,unc too.
    We both thinking of you and miss you.Meah is happy that you are in good health. Don't forget
    porridge is keepping you healthy and strong,so as curry and rice.You are doing well.Will write again soon.We are well and unc not travelling at
    the moment. Lots of love Meahxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. To Alice Bayfield,

    Sorry to miss you before you left, but I hope its all going well and that you're having a fantastic time. Seen you on a few pictures on here as I thought I really rather ought to check how things were. Undoubtedly you wont be able to reply to this, but oh well. I am praying for you often and often. Enjoy it all! Keep well and eat well.

    love and blessings,.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  24. To Lucy Mason Foxtrot 2 11F

    Well today is the last opportunity for a week for us to leave a blog unless we can log on in Turkey! So excited that finaaly we are going away. Tom rang through from Africa yesterday and spoke to dad he is having the most amazing time and was sat overlooking the lake watching the water buffalo - he says he has fallen in love with Africa. Dad had a lovely birthday although very quiet with no one at home! Hope you have received out letters and blogs ok.
    Everything getting ready for Summer camp at school now so good to have all the staff back. Tom is going to teach for 1 week when he gets back (Folk Week) but he doesn't know it yet! Anyway got to go and get the kids on the buses for Heathrow. Keep having the most amazing time and see you two weeks today! Can't wait to hear all your news. Love and miss you loads Mum & dad xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. To Alex Humphries. Foxtrot 1

    Hi Alex, Great to hear you are having an amazing time, I knew it would be exactly your type of trip. Loved the photo of you all at the tea plantation- no dreadlocks or beard yet then!!Hope you have a fantastic time on the adventure phase in Kerala bet you're already planning on returning next year?!
    We came home from Spain a week early,it was ok but not the best holiday.
    Can't wait to hear all your news.
    Love from us all in Devon. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  26. To Louise McStravick (Foxtrot 2),

    Pooooise! I hope all is well and that your having a good time! Same old Jazz down these sides but I met Kelis last weekend :) Suprised I managed to find this blog ting but at least I can say ello now and again. Take care hun. Estelle x

    ReplyDelete
  27. For Rachel Libby-Mills Foxtrot 2

    Hi Rachel
    We are in the middle of Chagstock weekend - lovely sunny weather - I am going up for the first time tonight. Julian is on duty all night as there were some tent breakins last night. We are looking forward to seeing you (very much!). Please, please ring me when you get to Bangalore. All my love mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete