Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Thursday 16 September 2010

Phase three finale - Tango Three

Kiana "Kiana Goes To Bollywood" Franks shares with us Tango Three's ups and downs:


Kiana


"My time as a Raleigh 10E venturer is quickly coming to a close. Soon enough I'll be giving everyone my final goodbyes - or rather see you laters - and will be heading off, back to Bermuda. One thing I'm sure to take with me though are the memories. The memories as Charlie One, as Echo Two and of course Tango Three respectively. Each and every phase I'll be sure to remember but none will I hold closer than the memories of trekking in phase three. Yep, it was grand.

As you all may know, trekking is nothing close to a walk in the park, that's probably why it's called trekking. It's difficult, both physically and mentally taxing as you're pushed to and beyond your limits; you tire and you ache. Still, I can easily say that despite this, I had an amazing time. I can say that not only have I summited the second tallest mountain in South India but also had lunch on top of it - though it was absolutely freezing and the mist didn't allow for more than a 20 foot view to the edge of the peak. Beast part, I did it with some of the most awesome people I have ever met. Together we trekked over mountains, crossed streams, hiked through leech infested forests and jovially ate more parota than is probably normal. Shane, Clare, Robin, Dave, Luke, Lucy, Jason, Murugan, Nat, Ben, Grace, Yvette and yours truly, together we navigated over 200km in the amazing South Indian terrain and cam out with little more than a few leech bites. That's Raleigh venturers for ya.

I can go on and on about this phase, how it was nearly three weeks but the time seemed to blow right by me in a rush of wind but I don't think I'd be able to translate just how gnarly the entire experience was. Shoot pearl, it was awesome!

Saying bye to all of it will be a bit tough but I'm way beyond happy that I had the opportunity to do it all. DATTEBAYO! Believe it ! So much I'll take from trek: courage; perserverance; friendships; encouragement and just loads of awesomeness. As my buddy Murugan said, "Tango Three is my blood."

I cannot really say much else about trek save for go out and do it for yourself. Then and only then will you understand what I mean about how unexplainable the feeling of accomplishment and fulfillment is. Raleigh. Get out there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment