Welcome to the official blog for Raleigh India 12I | July - August 2012



Welcome to the Official Blog for Raleigh India 12J September - December 2012.



Thursday 16 June 2011

The Training Trojans of Mysore



Hello again, I am sorry this is going to be a very short post as we are all flying round field base getting ready for our trek training tomorrow (Friday). We will be heading out of field base at first light which will be around 5:30am to explore the surrounding area and gain some expert training on trekking and camp craft. 

Just to tell you a little bit about what your volunteer managers (VMs) have been up to since they arrived, on Wednesday the training started in full swing, with Julia and Jen getting us up to speed with the phonetic alphabet along with some exceptional role playing on what VMs may come across during their time on expedition.  On another note, if Julia and Jen ever want to pursue new careers acting maybe a good place to start.



Jen and Julia role playing for the PMs


But it’s not all hard work and we’ve had a lot of fun while getting to grips with how to organise an expedition. The VMs split into two groups, with Jen and Andrew captaining the teams, below are some photos to give you some visuals of the games and more importantly who won. 






Some action shots


The winning pose


I don't think this picture needs explanation!


Today has been very exciting as the VMs have been learning about all the expeditions that we will be working on over the next three months from Mark. I will have lots more detail for you about these over the next couple of posts, but believe me there are some exciting times ahead!


We also had a birthday celebration today, it is actually John’s birthday tomorrow, but we wanted to get him lots of delicious chocolate cake to celebrate it and more importantly we wanted to eat some too! 


John has a chocolate surprise








The girls eyeing up the cake


It really was as tasty as it looked


Happy Birthday John


Field base will be back on Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Message for John Whitaker:
    Glad to see you stuffing your face with chocolate cake!! Actually came onto the blog site to wish you a happy birthday in case it was being forgotten about but I am very glad to see that's not the case. Hope you're having lots of fun and that you had a great birthday day! Paz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. for Sarah Whetter
    Thanks for your great email, I loved reading all your first impressions of people and places. James and I left messages the other day too! Maybe you have them now, hope this one reaches you. Off to garden now while the sun's out. Love Moi X

    ReplyDelete
  3. for Andrew Cox
    (I hope I do this right)

    Hey, its good to see that you're having fun (and that you led your team to victory...)

    I'm back in London now. Had a good stay in IL, and i think we have a good potential house (we decided to rent, not buy, for obvious reasons.
    I'm working on my conclusion, and also starting the prep for the MMBA. So a hectic July ahead...

    Is there a way to know you got this? or to get messages? (wasn't sure about that)

    In any case, keep up the good work. Its good to see you in the sunshine, and I look forward to meet in September.
    SWK

    Barak

    ReplyDelete
  4. which place are you in Mysore? basically i am from Mysore settled in U.K. I would suggest you to visit my farm house and also my village near ranganatittu (birds sanctuary). Let me know if you are interested

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Sarah Whetter,

    Yo Cuz!

    1. I miss you.
    2. I’m still fat.
    3. The Baby shower was fun but not the same without you.
    4. Tito and I crammed in one final trip away over the weekend. Road trip to Wales. Did heaps of long beach walks. Saw Flo and loads of her cousins. Thought of you.
    5. I’ve heard you’ve contributed to the book and I can’t wait to see it!
    6. All the names we like are full on French and Italian. Scared it’s gonna sound weird introducing itself in group settings like you’re in with a strong kiwi accent “Yeah hi guidday everyone moey name is Lorenzo Mendoza”.
    7. Had another trip to the birthday centre. This time I didn’t want to run away.
    8. Miss you.
    9. Tito may get internal transfer and escape the boss from hell till end of year.
    10. Met fab girl in antenatal classes who enjoys her wine as well and am stalking her.
    11. Rented car and did mammoth ikea and tesco shop yesterday. Bought too much. Now off to build a shelf.
    12. No twinges of any action here. I’ve got £50 riding on it being born on the 30th. Tito reckons the 15th.
    13. Mum and dad arrive tomorrow.
    14. Love you.

    Cuz.

    ReplyDelete